Thermochromic Ink - Brand Protection & Promotion
Thermochromic inks are a type of dye which changes color in response to temperature fluctuations. It can be applied to a variety of products including vouchers, tickets, certificates, tax stamps and others. It can be used to authenticate the genuine goods when the color appears correctly. There are two different categories of thermochromic inks:
- Irreversible inks
- Reversible inks
- Color to invisible
- Color to color
- Invisible to color
- Tri-thermochromic ink, Color to color to invisible
Irreversible Ink - Invisible to Color
Since a certain temperature is reached, the color will remain unchanged forever.
This security ink changes appearance when exposed to diverse temperatures. The thermochromic effect is irreversible and changes from transparent in to colored ink. Once a certain temperature is reached, the color will remain unchanged.
- Temperature change points: 65°C, 80°C, 100°C, 130°C
- Start of color change to full color development: +/-5°C
- Type of security: Covert
- Printing technology: Flex, gravure or screen printing
- Ink type: Water based
- Product package: Can, 1 kg
- Authentication method: Color appearance changes when exposed beyond certain temperature
- Others: Short delivery time
- Available Color: Black, Red, Blue
Color change when the temperature is increased, then will be appear as original color when the temperature is decreased.
The color of ink depends on the condition temperature, and each change in temperatures leads to different colors. This thermochromic effect is reversible. Once the temperature is reduced below a certain temperature change point, the original color appears. It can be divided into "color to invisible", “color to color” and “invisible to color”. Here is the color change chart:
Thermochromic Ink Applications
Tri-thermochromic Ink Demonstration
- FMCG: Food safety and quality control
- Electronic industry: E.g. Spot defective, overheated PC board component
- Event management: Ticket to verify authenticity
- Cosmetics industry: Verify authenticity
Three different colors at different temperatures
Get a FREE CONSULTATION Now!
Learn more about how you can secure your important documents and products with NanoMatriX Thermochromic Ink.
Please do not hesitate to contact us via +852 2523 9959 or firstname.lastname@example.org